Ateneo de Manila Senior High School is a Filipino, Catholic and Ignatian college-preparatory senior high school that instills in its graduates the values of commitment, competence, conscience, compassion, and Christ-centeredness so that they may become persons-for-others who are builders of society. The Senior High School encompasses Grades 11 and 12 of Ateneo de Manila University’s Basic Education.
The Ateneo de Manila Senior High School offers programs for the following STRANDS under the ACADEMIC TRACK:
- Accountancy, Business and Management (ABM)
- General Academic (GA)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (HUMSS)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
16 Dec 2022
Important Updates on Application for Grade 11 SY 2023-2024
The Ateneo de Manila Senior High School is no longer accepting NEW applications for Grade 11, SY 2023-2024. November 29, 2022 was the deadline for...
17 Sep 2022
Senior High School admissions for SY 2023-2024 opens 19 Sept 2022
Ateneo de Manila Senior High School admissions for entry in SY 2023-2024 opens on Monday, 19 September 2022! Visit ateneo.edu/ashs/admissions for more information.
Important Information on Application and Admission
Who may apply?
- The applicant must be a member of his/her school’s Grade 10 batch at the time of application.
- No minimum grade is demanded of Grade 11 applicants. However, Ateneo de Manila SHS seeks students with good academic performance, no failing grades and good deportment records.
- The applicant must not have applied for Grade 11 in Ateneo de Manila SHS prior to this application.
- Applicants must note that an entrance test is a required part of the screening process. Thus, each applicant must commit to traveling to the Ateneo campus in Quezon City on the dates specified below in order to take the entrance test. Applicants who pass Ateneo's screening processes must be prepared to attend in-person classes.
- The school does not accept transferees/ applicants for Grade 12. Grade 11 is the only entry point into Ateneo de Manila Senior High School.
What is the process and schedule for application?
Application to Ateneo de Manila Senior High School is online. In order to apply, the student must create an account in the Ateneo de Manila SHS Admission System.
The application period for Grade 11 SY 2023-2024 will begin on 19 September 2022.
The deadline for creating an account in the Admission System is on 29 November 2022. Those without accounts in the Admission system by this date will not be allowed to proceed with application.
How will applications for Grade 11 SY 2022-2023 be screened? Will there be an entrance test?
The Ateneo Senior High School Admission and Placement Exam (A-SHAPE) will be administered for screening of applicants for Grade 11 SY 2023-2024. The A-SHAPE will be one of the bases for acceptance, along with considerations of academic performance (grades in Grade 8, Grade 9 and the first grading period of Grade 10), deportment, recommendations of teachers, and the student’s application essay (short autobiography). If more information is needed, some applicants may also be invited for an interview; however, an invitation to be interviewed does not guarantee acceptance and the absence of an interview does not signify non-acceptance
When and where will the A-SHAPE be administered?
The testing schedules for the entrance test (A-SHAPE) are as follows:
|Session Number||Examination Date||Assembly Time||Exam Proper||End of Exam|
|1||14 Jan 2023||7 am||7:30 am||12 pm|
|2||14 Jan 2023||1 pm||1:30 pm||6 pm|
|3||15 Jan 2023||7 am||7:30 am||12 pm|
|4||15 Jan 2023||1 pm||1:30 pm||6 pm|
All four examination sessions will be held at Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
When will admission decisions be released?
Admission decisions will be released at the end of April 2023 (exact date to be announced). An applicant will be able to view the individual decision on his/her application online, through his/her application account.
For questions related to application for Grade 11, and other concerns related to admission and scholarships in the Senior High School level, contact the
Office of Admission and Scholarships (OAS)
Ateneo de Manila Senior High School
G/F Ateneo Junior High School Administration Building
Ateneo de Manila University Loyola Heights Campus
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights,
1108 Quezon City, Philippines
+63(2)8426-6001 local 6292