One of the programs of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) this year is the CHED Scholarship 2021 for deserving students.
CHED Scholarship 2022
The CHED Scholarship Programs (CSPs) shall be accessible to qualified and deserving Filipino students. A qualified students maybe awarded Full Scholarship or Half Scholarship under the State Scholarship Program (SSP) and Private Education Financial Assistance (PESFA).
What are the qualifications?
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Graduating high school student or high school graduate with general average (GWA) of at least 85% (Based on CHED Order No. 10 Series of 2019);
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian which does not exceed Four Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 400,000), or in cases where the income exceeds PhP 400,000 an applicant must present written certification or medical findings of illness of a family member, or school certifications of two or more dependents enrolled in college;
Note: For applicants belonging the special group of persons such as the Underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under RA 7279, Persons With Disability (PWDs) under RA 7277, Solo Parents and/or their Dependents under RA 8972, Senior Citizens under RA 9994, and Indigenous People under RA 8371, shall submit certifications and/or Identification Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies.
What are the requirements?
- Certified true copy of Birth Certificate.
- High school report card for incoming freshmen students eligible for college; and
- Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students.
The student-applicants shall submit any of the following documents:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of Indigence either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Case Study report from DSWD; or
- Latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered for children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and seafarers.
Students should enroll in any of the Priority Courses identified by CHED.
How to apply to CHED Scholarship 2022
1. Secure and fill out the application form at any CHED Regional Offices or download it here.
2. You can apply through the following:
- Hand carry or walk-in application
- Email ([emailprotected] or [emailprotected])
Note: All submission should be addressed to CHEDROs based on point of origin.
What are the stipends of the Scholarship Program?
[UPDATE] According to CHED NCR, there is no call yet for the application of the CHED Merit Scholarship Program (CMSP) for incoming freshman college students for Academic Year 2022-2023.